2 tablespoons plus another 2 tablespoons Bertolli light olive oil
6 spring onions, trimmed and cut into two-inch slices
3 inch piece of ginger, peeled and cut into large, 3mm slices
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
3 cups water
5 cakes of Yee Mee (deep dried noodles)
-Use 600 grams raw King Prawns or a combination of prawns and squid (calamari) instead of lobster.
-Instead of 3 cups water, use 1.5 cups water and 1.5 cups chicken stock for an even more flavoursome dish.
Serves: 6 people as part of a meal or banquet.
1. Make a marinade with 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cornflour. Mix and then add lobster pieces and stir to thoroughly coat. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
2. Heat wok or large, non-stick fry pan until smoking and then add two tablespoons of Bertolli light olive oil.
3. Over a medium to high flame, add lobster pieces and three slices ginger. Stir occasionally, trying not to disturb the meat too much. Add half of the remaining spring onion pieces.
4. Once lobster meat is starting to brown and shells are red, remove to a serving plate and set aside. Turn heat off.
5. Mix 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 3 cups water and 1 teaspoon sugar in a bowl.
6. Heat wok up again and add two more tablespoons of Bertolli light olive oil. Add half the ginger and half of the remaining spring onions. Stir for a minute or two then add the oyster sauce mixture. Add five cakes of fried noodles and stir to combine. Turn heat down to low and put lid on wok. Leave to cook for two minutes and then stir again. Put lid back on for another minute. Take lid off and return lobster to pot. Stir to combine and add rest of ginger and spring onions before putting lid back on for another minute. Taste and season if desired and then transfer to serving dish.