600g firm white fish fillets such as coral trout, snapper, Dory or Perch
About 1.5lt of water
1/2 cup white wine
2 pepper corns
1 clove garlic
1 bay leaf
4 parsley sprigs
1/4 cup 60ml Bertolli Gentile Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp small capers
Salt and pepper
For the salad
1 large tomato, deseeded and thinly sliced
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
10 leaves of basil, torn
Handful of flat leaf parsley leaves
1 long red chili sliced
1\2 lemon, thinly sliced into 1-2mm slices
4 large cooked prawns
1. Place the water, wine, pepper corns, bay leaf, garlic and parsley into a frypan large enough to hold the fish fillets, bring the water to a boil over a moderate flame and then lower to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Lower the heat further until just rolling over and slide in the fish fillets. Poach for 6-8 minutes until the fish easily flakes apart.
3. Remove the fish and set aside. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice and capers and season generously with salt and cracked black pepper. Pour this over the fish and toss gently.
4. Prepare the salad by combining the sliced tomato, cherry tomatoes, the sliced celery, onion, torn basil, picked parsley, chili and sliced lemon.
5. To serve toss the fish and dressing gently with the vegetables and place onto a large serving plate, garnish with the prawns and serve chilled.