3 large granny smith apples sliced into 1 ½ cm rounds
2 tbsp Bertolli Originale Extra virgin Olive oil
1 tbsp honey
Zest of 1 orange
1 tbsp orange marmalade
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
For the pastry
30g pine nuts
25g flaked almonds
1 tbsp Bertolli olive oil, extra
5 sheets of filo pastry
350g firm fresh ricotta
2 tbsp caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla paste
½ cup pouring cream
2 tbsp marmalade extra
¼ cup water
Preheat the oven 200c
1. Place the olive oil, honey, marmalade and spices in a bowl with the orange zest and whisk to combine.
2. Toss the apple slices into the mix and then place onto a tray lined with paper and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown and softened. Remove from the heat, if you want a little more colour place the apples under a griller. Set the apples aside keeping the marinade.
3. Toast the almond flakes and the pine nuts for 4 minutes until golden.
4. Lower the heat to 180c
5. Blend together the nuts until crushed.
6. Add the tablespoon of extra olive oil into the left over marinade from the apples.
7. Using a pastry brush the marmalade, oil and honey mixture onto each sheet of pastry and scatter over some of the crushed nuts, sit the pastry on top of each other until all sheets are done, scatter over any remaining nuts, then slice the sheets into 6 strips and onto a tray lined with baking paper, place the strips in a fold so that concertinas onto its self.
8. Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Place the ricotta, caster sugar, vanilla and cream into a food processor and blend until smooth, heat a small saucepan with the marmalade and the water and simmer until reduced and slightly syrupy.
9. To serve place down a pastry, top with a slice of apple, some of the ricotta and then another slice of apple, drizzle over some of the syrup and serve.