Main, Seafood Asian
July 16, 2015
Serves 4 as part of a meal
3 medium onions, peeled and roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 lemongrass stalk, white part only chopped roughly
2-5 Birds Eyes chillies (2 for a milder curry, 5 for a hot curry)
1 tbsp fermented shrimp paste
2 tbsp Bertolli Light taste olive oil
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
500 g raw, peeled prawns
1/3 cups water, boiled
3 tbsp tamarind concentrate
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp light soy sauce
1. Process onions, garlic, lemongrass and chillies until finely diced. Use 2 chillies for a mild-medium curry, 4 for a hot curry and 5 for an extra hot curry.
2. Heat up a wok until smoking and then add Bertolli Extra Light taste olive oil. Heat for a few seconds until it starts to simmer then add the processed mixture and the shrimp paste.
3. Fry over a medium heat for a few minutes, stirring all the time, until fragrant and starting to ‘split’.
4. Add turmeric and fry for another minute, stirring briskly, then add the prawns and 1/3 cup just boiled water.
5. Stir to combine, coating the prawns with the mixture.
6. Add tamarind, sugar, salt and soy and continue stirring until prawns are pink and cooked through.
7. Serve immediately with steamed rice and stir-fried vegetables of your choice