1. Place the egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until pale and thick.
2. Place the milk and cream in a medium saucepan bring to simmering point.
3. With the mixer running pour the milk mixture into the egg mix and beat until combined. Pour in the olive oil and lemon juice and combine thoroughly.
4. Strain the mixture into a bowl, cover the surface with cling wrap ,and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
5. Churn in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions. (Alternatively pour the mix into a shallow container and freeze for two hours. Beat with an electric mixer and refreeze. Repeat).