1 cup frozen chopped spinach or 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
¼ cup chopped parsley and ¼ cup chopped mint
100g feta cheese
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin seeds, roasted and ground
Salt and pepper
6 sheets of filo pastry
Brush over pastry:
4 tblsp Bertolli Light in Taste Olive Oil
2 eggs whisked
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Pre heat the oven to 180c
2. Heat the Bertolli Originale Extra Virgin Olive Oil over a moderate temperature, add in the onions and cook until slightly softened and transparent. Add in the spices, lentils and spinach and cook for a few minutes until the spinach has softened.
3. Season with salt and pepper and add in the herbs. Allow the mix to cool slightly before crumbling in the cheese.
4. Grease a baking dish or high sided baking tray with butter. Place the filo onto a work bench and drizzle with a little oil. Spread about ½ cup of the lentil mixture over the filo and roll it up so that it looks like a long sausage. Whisk together the eggs, oil and yoghurt and brush lightly over the pastry.
5. Coil up the pastry like a spiral and place it onto the greased baking tray. Make up the rest of the filling the same way and spread the rest of the yoghurt mixture over the coils.
6. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.