May 3, 2016
3/4 cup Bertolli Light in Taste Olive Oil
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1. Grease or spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with Bertolli Light in taste olive oil; set aside.
2. Combine Bertolli Light in taste olive oil, sugar and water in a large saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves.
3. With a wire whisk, stir in 2 cups of chocolate chips and vanilla extract until smooth. Let chocolate mixture cool for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
5. Add flour, baking soda and salt to cooled chocolate mixture and stir with a wire whisk. Then stir in the eggs.
6. Spread batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes at 180 degrees or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
7. Sprinkle remaining 2 cups of chocolate chips evenly over warm brownie mixture. Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
8. Cool brownies completely on a wire rack and serve when ready