January 18, 2016
1/3 cup Bertolli Originale Extra Virgin Olive Oil
500g chicken breast, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 x 400g can diced tomatoes in juice
2 cloves garlic, chopped
400g button mushrooms, sliced
2 medium green capsicums, chopped
Dried chilli flakes to taste
1 x 500g packet penne pasta
1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta. Heat half of the Bertolli Originale Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken and sauté gently for 5 minutes until golden.
2. Add the onion and sauté for another 3 minutes until golden
3. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add the garlic, mushrooms, capsicum and chilli flakes, cook for two minutes or until tender.
4. In the meantime cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and add the hot pasta to the chicken mixture with the remaining olive oil. Mix well
5. Sprinkle with fresh oregano and parmesan cheese to serve.