2x 500ml bottles Bertolli Light in Taste Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Bertolli Classico Olive Oil
1 brown onion, finely diced
75g premium beef mince
75g premium pork mince
½ cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp tomato paste
80g frozen peas
Salt and pepper, to taste
120g mozzarella cheese, cut into 1cm cube
1. Put rice and cold water to the boil in a medium sized saucepan. Reduce heat to medium high for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cover for 5 minutes. Remove rice from heat and cover.
2. Soak saffron threads in a tablespoon of hot water for 5 minutes. Then add this saffron mixture, parmesan, egg yolks and butter to rice and stir until combined. Spread rice mixture evenly on a baking tray to cool.
3. To make the filling, brown the onion in a medium frying pan with Bertolli Classico Olive Oil and butter. Add mince and stir until browned. Add wine and continue cooking until evaporated. Stir in tomato paste and frozen peas, cooking for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and leave to cool.
4. When the rice is cold, scoop a quarter of a cup into the palm of your hand and flatten. Shape the rice into a cup and spoon in one tablespoon of mince and 3-4 cubes of cheese. Flatten one tablespoon of rice mixture into a flat disc to cover filling. Form into a round ball with wet hands. Place arancini onto a baking tray. Repeat with remaining rice and filling.
5. Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Put breadcrumbs into a medium bowl. Coat arancini with egg and breadcrumbs.
6. Pour two bottles of Bertolli Light in Taste Olive Oil into a small deep saucepan and place over a medium heat. When hot, add 2 arancini and fry for 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel. Cook remaining arancini. Enjoy hot or, if you prefer, at room temperature!